Sunday, November 25, 2007

Texas Beef Dinner

This is a variation of an onion lover's recipe I found back when I still lived with my parents. I am not an onion lover, so I cut the amount of onion called for and added some spices. This is fast, fun, easy, and can feed a small army!

1 lb. ground beef
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
1 medium green or yellow bell pepper (I prefer green), diced
1/2 small onion, diced
chili powder
garlic salt
shredded American or Pepperjack cheese, sometimes I use a little of both!

Crumble ground beef into a large frying pan. Season heavily with garlic salt, sprinkle with chili powder. Very lightly brown. Add a little more garlic salt. Add onion, brown. Drain grease. Add peppers, cook just long enough to soften, stirring constantly with Cutco slotted turner to keep beef from sticking to pan. Sprinkle with enough cheese to almost cover beef mixture. Leave in pan just long enough for cheese to start to melt. Transfer to serving plate or bowl and mix well. Serve with baked or mashed potatoes.

No comments: