Thursday, November 8, 2007

"Jesso Special" Hot Chocolate


This is my husband's favorite treat to come home to when it's cold outside!

Any kind of hot chocolate mix, 1-2 servings' worth. I like the "Super Family Size" 32 oz. Swiss Miss milk chocolate because it's the best deal I've found. Their directions call for two rounded spoonfuls of mix, I like to use three to make it extra special. If you're using the kind of hot chocolate that comes in envelopes, use two envelopes for one serving. I wouldn't use specialty or gourmet hot chocolate for this recipe, like Godiva, because that is usually just right on its own in my opinion, but you can try it if you want.

2 pinches ground cinnamon
a splash of vanilla, less than 1/2 tsp is enough
whipped cream to top
optional: 2 drops of honey
8 oz. hot water, not boiling

Put hot chocolate mix in bottom of a cute mug. Add cinnamon. Add just enough hot water to cover. Mix with a spoon until the mixture is not powdery any more. Add vanilla, stir. Add the rest of the hot water, mix until you don't feel anything built up in the bottom of the mug anymore. Add honey, stir. Top with whipped cream. Mmm!

No comments: